Sunday, June 13, 2010

{Just the Highlights}

In an effort to share with you some of the things that have been happening in the lives of the Meyers clan during the past month or so since I've blogged, I've decided to post just the highlights. One photo of each of the more standout events and that's it. Let me tell you, narrowing it down to just one photo was hard! But here we go . . .

My grandmother, Mom-Mom, has been a member of the Calamity Kitchen Band for as long as I can remember. It's been a while since the band has played together, and in fact, only two of the original members are still in the band. My Mom-Mom is one of them. Her church has a Mother - Daughter banquet every Mother's Day and this year her band was asked to be the entertainment. Fun! She was really nervous, but they all did great! It was very entertaining. In between songs they would tell jokes that were hi-lar-i-ous. I have some great video of their performance, which is cool because this was their last one ever.

Mom-Mom is the pianist. She also did all the speaking for the group. Proud of you, Mom-Mom!

Sasha had a couple of field trips this spring and I was able to chaperone one of them. Her class walked down the street to our local bank and learned about money and how banks operate.

On May 15th, one of my cousins got married. It was a beautiful wedding - the bride was stunning! We went to State College for the event and got to spend several hours with my dad's side of the family who we rarely get to see. I wish we could do that more often!

Clara enjoyed the end of another preschool year with a class party at a local park. They played, participated in games, and had a picnic lunch. Because Clara's birthday is in the summer, we sang Happy Birthday to her and had cupcakes. That was followed by the graduation ceremony (Clara determined she wants to be a mommy when she grows up) and a candy scramble.



A couple of my friends and I took our girls to a tea house for a very special and very girly tea party. We each had our own pot of tea (or hot chocolate) and an array of gourmet tea sandwiches and scones. The girls were in heaven!


Perhaps the most important event in our recent lives was the birth of Emme. I'm still wrapping my brain around the fact that my little sister is a Mommy! Becky is proving to be an amazing mom and Emme is a fantastic baby. We are very blessed to have this little girl join our family.



After a loooooong year of dance classes (three hours of studio practice every Wednesday evening), the girls finally ended the dance year with a recital. This year Sasha danced in two numbers - jazz and ballet - and Clara tap danced in one number. Thankfully, they were in the same recital this year. They both did a wonderful job and looked adorable in their costumes. We're so proud of them!

This Thursday Sasha graduated from kindergarten. She had a great year and absolutely loves her teacher. We were thrilled that she was recognized as being one of the top readers in her class. She loves to read and she spends just about every waking minute writing stories and illustrating them. She has learned so much this year! We are extra proud of her because she is one of only two or three students in her class who didn't pull a single ticket all year for discipline problems. She may not always listen at home, but she listens at school! Love you, Sasha!



Yesterday we took the kids to Dutch Wonderland to celebrate the end of their school year and the end of dance. I promise I will be back soon with some pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Great recap! I love their dance costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update and the pictures. I need to get some of the dance pictures from you!

    ReplyDelete