Thursday, September 10, 2009

{Ducks and Giggles}

On Tuesday night I had a parents' open house at Clara's pre-school. Since Cory is in Omaha, I had to take the girls to my grandmother's house for the evening so I could go to the school. I decided to head to MickeyD's for dinner first as a special treat. There is a stream behind the joint that usually is full of ducks who like to be fed, and the girls love to eat there and feed them.

So we went through the drive-thru and then set up our dinner at one of the tables. It took about 30 seconds for the first duck to approach us. And what a duck he (she?) was! Check him out: he looks like a penguin duck!
This little guy has been fed a time or two before. He had no problem whatsoever coming right up to us to beg. We tossed him a couple fries, and then I held one out to him to see if he'd eat from my hand. Yep! Sasha and Clara thought that was hilarious, so Sasha held out a fry for him, too. He took it and gobbled it up. Clara did the same and laughed and laughed when the duck grabbed it from her.
But then she made a mistake. Ducks apparantly don't have the best eyesight or sense of smell, or the following would not have happened. Clara dangled her hand at her side and you guessed it: The little quacker tried to eat a finger. It didn't hurt, but it startled Clara enough that she kept telling the duck to go away.
Here she is checking over her shoulder . . . he's still there.
Big sister Sasha can be seen here scolding the webbed one. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you!" She didn't really say that. I just found it fitting.

We had to cut our meal short when Clara announced she had to go potty now. We packed up and headed to my grandmother's house and that was that.
Look out for the penguin duck at MickeyD's. He's a fiesty one.
Today I decided to video Dixon for a bit. Sadly, I haven't taken any video of him at all up to this point. It's one of those things that I keep saying I need to do, but I don't do it.
Dixon has been rolling like a log lately, and his laugh is really developing into that cute baby belly laugh that is contagious. I managed to get both on tape!
Please excuse my creepy-looking hand. His main tickle spot is around his neck, and I had to do what I had to do in order to get the giggle. Also, the weird sound at the end is one of the dogs crunching kibble. Hey, this is life!

Hope that put a smile on your face!

1 comment:

  1. Cuteness!! Dixon looks so much like Sasha! Great laughs!

    ReplyDelete