Tuesday, June 16, 2009

{Vacation}

Vacation. Ahhh . . . the sound of the ocean waves breaking on the shore, the smell of the salt water, the feel of the sun kissing my skin and sand slipping between my toes, the feeling of total relaxation and carefree days.

Or, in my world, this:

Vacation. Ewww . . . Clara develops a bad case of the skitters an hour into our drive to the beach (how many pairs of undies and shorts did I pack?), our beds at the hotel we stopped at on the way here have broken box springs - ouch! - , Cory catches Clara's affliction but decides to add a fever and chills to the mix, my throat starts to feel like there are knives in it, the weather forecast is less than stellar, and all six children think it's fun to wake up at SIX o'freakin' clock every single morning thus far.

Ahhh . . . vacation.

It's a good thing we're having a great time despite the negatives that have been thrown our way. And hey, at least I'm not at home doing the same old routine.

My computer doesn't want to accept the wireless internet here (go figure), so pics will be coming later. Because we really are having fun, and I have the pictures to prove it! :)

Prayers for healing for Cory and Clara would be greatly appreciated. The poor things.

No comments:

Post a Comment