Monday, November 23, 2009

{A Mighty Recap}

After my external hard drive (ehd) crashed and died a few weeks ago, I haven't been in much of a mood to blog. It turns out that I've lost a LOT of stuff: almost all of my photos from 2007 and everything from 2008; almost all of my digi scrapping kits; and many of my scrapbooking layouts. Thankfully, I have a lot of photos saved on memory cards, so I was able to reload those onto my computer. Almost all of 2009 is on cards and two or three months of 2008 is there, too. But I'm still missing a LOT. A LOT. The computer guru is running a different recovery program on my ehd as we speak, and I can only pray that it successfully recovers more data. This has been a very hard lesson: back up your files, people!

OK, now to recap some of the things going on in our lives lately.

First, Dixon has been growing and developing like crazy. He now sits on his own for long stretches of time. He has discovered that he controls his hands, and thus he reaches for things, picks things up, and of course, puts everything in his mouth.

He also hit the majoy 6 month milestone on October 27th. Wow! This is the only thing I hate about babydom: they don't stay little long enough! Several days after he turned 6 months old, I started feeding him rice cereal. He ate it like a champ!After two weeks of cereal and no problems, we introduced peas. He liked them, too. And after two weeks of peas we are now into sweet potatoes. Again, he is eating great! The change in diet has resulted in interesting diapers. It's been a few years since I've had to change baby diapers, so I had kind of forgotten how "things" change as diets change. Fun stuff. We've had some pretty days lately so the girls have had lots of fun playing in the leaves.


They love to make big piles, jump in them, and bury each other. What kid doesn't enjoy leaves?

They've also had plenty of dress-up moments, although their dress-up choices have gotten rather inventive. Cinderella dresses are no longer the go-to items in the Meyers house.

Could you say "no" to this face?

And sometimes we all decide to let loose and have fun together. On this particular night Cory and I let the girls paint our faces. I ended up with a painted face, arms, hands, legs, and feet. Sasha and Clara LOVED doing this and have asked several times since to do it again. They'll be getting some new face paint in their Christmas stockings!


Call me "Chief Mommy".
Sasha enjoyed a new experience recently: she got to walk in the Veteran's Day Parade with her Daisy Troop. All the girls had so much fun doing this together!

Get ready for cookies, folks. They'll be coming your way soon! :)

And while I'm thinking of food, I'll share this tidbit of my life. A friend of mine were talking about the book Julie & Julia recently. If you're not familiar with the book, it's about a gal who decides to cook every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking in a year. We decided to pick a cookbook and do the same thing! We chose one of Giada De Laurentiis's Italian cookbooks, set up an online website to organize the project and share our reviews of the recipes, and got cookin'!
And this little gem is my personal favorite so far: Ricotta Capuccino.
Oh my stars, is this dish delish! Cory hates Ricotta cheese, and he LOVED this dessert! It is so creamy, so rich, so . . . so . . . heavenly perfect! I'm planning on making it again this week for my extended family. Really, it's just an excuse for me to eat it again. But I'm OK with that.
By the way, if you want to join our cooking project let me know. We haven't gotten that far into it yet so you can easily hop in and catch up.
That's it for now! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends!

2 comments: