Friday, April 24, 2009

{Quick Baby Update}

Well, I'm two weeks away from my due date. For me, that means this baby could come literally ANY time. Sasha was three weeks early and Clara arrived eight days early, so if I make it all the way to May I'll be surprised. But then again, this stinker could be late! Wouldn't that be something?

Overall I'm feeling well. I haven't slept much the past four nights, but I still get up and feel like I have enough energy for the day. I've also been doing quite a bit of the "nesting" thing. I've never been so caught up on laundry! I've gutted the nursery and have been cleaning it and the girls' room so they at least look pretty. The downstairs is tidy (for my standards, not my mother's) and now I want to tackle my bedroom. I'll find myself doing random things at odd times, too. Like two nights ago I decided that the toilet needed to be cleaned at 11:00 at night. Hey, I don't want to come home from the hospital to a dirty potty!

I had a doctor's visit yesterday afternoon and I thought for sure the doctor would check to see if I'm progressing at all. She didn't make any mention of checking me, so I asked her to do it. She said no! Not until next week. I'm bummed! I want to know what's going on! Honestly, I think she was just in a hurry to get out of there. The office closed early yesterday and I was her last appointment. Even her nurse flitted in and out without much interaction with me at all. I wonder if they were having a staff meeting or something special and didn't want to take the time to do an exam. Oh, well.

So I'm waiting, getting more and more anxious every day. I know I've done this twice before and that women have babies all the time, but I'm still scared. I wish I could just bypass the whole labor and delivery part and have the doctor plop the baby in my arms! Mostly, I'm nervous that I'll experience the unimaginable pain and complications that I had when I delivered Clara. And even though I plan to have an epidural this time, I'm nervous because of how sick I feel on anesthesia. I'd love to be one of those women who goes into labor, gets an epidural, and then laughs, jokes, plays games, etc. until the doctor says, "OK, push!" and out the baby comes. So far I haven't been that fortunate.

So I have no choice but to keep plugging along as normally as I can until God decides this baby is ready to join our world. Tonight I'm having some friends over to scrap and I know we'll have a good time. It'll be great to hang out and get my mind off of things! Then on Sunday I have my last Tastefully Simple party until June with a super fun group of gals. Cory and I want to do more yard work this weekend, too. The busier I am, the faster time goes and the sooner baby will appear.

I'll keep you posted on my progress! Hopefully I'll be posting baby pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment