Wednesday, April 8, 2009

{Surprise!}

Every Tuesday morning I attend a Bible Study with an awesome group of ladies. Sasha and I look forward to Tuesdays because I get to participate in awesome discussion and discovery and because Sasha gets to play with "Big Clara". The church provides child care and two wonderful gals work there: Wanda, who is as sweet as she can be, and Clara, who is amazing with the kids and parents alike. Sasha has really taken to Big Clara and so enjoys her time with her and all the other kids.

This Bible Study group has greatly affected who I am as a Christian. I've never before felt so connected to Christ and I'm learning how to become the person He wants me to be more and more as we study our lessons and discuss them each week together. I know without a doubt that I wouldn't be growing the way I am if it weren't for the ladies in this group. I feel so comfortable with them and I am constantly amazed at how we are able to support and uplift one another. I'm beyond grateful that we all decided to continue with a new study once this one ends in a month!

So yesterday I was the first to arrive (I usually am one of the first since I drop Clara off at school downstairs a half hour before our group meets). One by one, the others came in and each one had food. Occassionally someone will bring something to share, but not everyone! After the third person came in with food to share I commented that I felt like a loser for not bringing something myself. I got a couple grins, and that was it. Then I saw a big box of wipes with a bow; I immediately knew something was up. And I was right! Wouldn't you know it, these kind women had planned a baby shower for me! I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from them since they are the most generous, thoughtful people I know, but I truly never imagined that they would do this. It isn't like this is my first baby!

So we skipped the Bible discussion for the week (a good thing since I didn't get all my homework done) and we partied instead. Check out the gorgeous cake that Christy B. made - I wish the photo showed all the detail because it was a work of art! The cake was for our fearless leader, Tammy, who celebrated her birthday last Friday. The gifts were so special as well. Steph made this adorable diaper wreath with all kinds of baby goodies tied to it. It's so darn cute I hate to take it apart!A few people included Desitin in their gifts, and I couldn't help but think of that cheesy Desitin commercial where the mom-to-be opens up yet another tube of Desitin and says something like, "Do you know something I don't know?" (She probably said something way different, but my memory isn't all that great!)
You just gotta love the cute little sleepers!
We don't know if this will be a boy or a girl, but apparantly Kim has felt some boy vibes. There is nothing in my house that looks like this, so it was strange to actually hold it in my hands!
There were lots more goodies - lots of diapers and wipes which is very nice - and I was totally blown away by the thoughtfulness of these gals. They even loaded everything into my van for me! Thank you so much, my Tuesday morning friends! Thinking about what you did for me and my baby warmed my heart all day. I am so blessed to know you and to grow with you!







1 comment: