Thursday, October 1, 2009

{Happy Birthday X 3!}

September 30th is a pretty cool day. It is the day that I gave birth to my first child, Sasha Rose, six years ago. It is the day I finally felt absolute, complete love for someone else. My once 5 lb. 8 oz. little pink bundle now stands as tall as my armpit (lovely, huh?), is missing her front two teeth, and is learning how to read. But each time I look at her today I see that little baby girl who was placed on my chest right after being born. So tiny, so perfect, and so mine.

Weep. Sniffle. Sigh.

Yesterday Sasha donned her Birthday Girl ribbon to school. She was a wee bit excited to be six. This girl has the most sensitive eyes ever. It was totally overcast, yet she still could barely manage to look up for a picture. This was the best shot I could get.
Wednesdays are dance class nights, so after class we came home for some cake. I had kept the top tier of her birthday cake in the freezer so we could enjoy it on her actual birthday. And this time she got to blow out candles, something I forgot to do at her party.

And yet, both the girls opted for a cow cupcake instead of cake! That was fine with me - I lurve that cake!

Happy 6th Birthday, Sasha!
Now for some extra cool news . . .
Announcing the arrival of baby Stella Rain Martin!

My sister-in-law, Megan, gave birth to this beauty yesterday morning. That's right, she shares a birthday with Sasha! Pretty darn cool! What's also neat is that they have the same initials, too. We didn't even realize it until a few hours after she was born. I wonder if Stella and Sasha will have a special cousin relationship as they grow up together.

As soon as I saw this wee little girl and held all 7 lbs. 11 oz. of her, my womb started to ache. Yes, I know I have a five month old, but I can't help it. I want another one.

Can you smell the sweetness?
I'm going to spoil this little lass rotten.
Megan looks fantastic less than seven hours after giving birth, wouldn't you say? Fortunately, she had a relatively easy and uncomplicated delivery. Not saying that childbirth is easy, but comparatively speaking this was a good one.
And here is the proud Papa. I have a feeling Stella is going to bring out a number of emotions Jason doesn't know exist yet. Just a hunch.

And now you may be wondering who the third birthday celebration is for. Well . . .
My sister Becky is preggers!!! She spilled the beans two weeks ago and at this point I think all of the family and her friends know, so it's safe for me to announce it here. I'm SO STINKIN' EXCITED for her and Barry! Baby Leonard is due to arrive at the end of May. Or should I say "Babies Leonard". Both of Barry's parents are twins. You never know . . .







No comments:

Post a Comment