Saturday, October 17, 2009

{Roast and Toast}

Last night we had the pleasure of attending a surprise Roast and Toast for Cory's aunt and uncle, Jean and Denny. They are not only celebrating their 40th anniversary, but they are also both celebrating their 60th birthday. In fact, I learned that they were born just four hours apart! How cool is that?

We gathered at a local church and awaited their arrival. They thought they were coming to a Bible study. . . heh, heh. Surprise! They were definitely surprised. In fact, I heard Denny whisper to someone, "What's this for?" Men really are clueless sometimes, huh? :)

Throughout the evening, a slideshow of photos of Denny and Jean played on a big screen. Some were beautiful, some were hilarious.
We pigged out on delicious desserts, cheeses and pretzels, and fresh fruit while a number of Denny and Jean's friends and family members told stories about them.

Who do you think was being roasted this time?

It was a really fun evening and worth trekking out in the cold rain. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday, Denny and Jean!
While we were at the event I realized I haven't taken any photos of the three generations of men we now have in the family. So I asked the guys to humor me and they happily obliged.

I love how they are all wearing zippered fleecy/sweater shirts. Three Meyers men. I love them all.

And finally, when we got home Dixon had fallen asleep in his carseat. He was doing that adorable sleep sucking thing that babies often do, and I couldn't help myself. I had to videotape it. Both Sasha and Clara did this as babies and it melts my heart every time I see it. It's the little things . . .

1 comment: